- DA-Lab has published/submitted 9 journal papers and 17 conference papers regarding ultra-low-power (advanced power gating and clock gating) and reliability (soft error hardening) circuit and system design, RFID, energy harvesting circuits, and CNFET circuit designs during Fall 2010 (Jul 2010 - Dec 2010)
- DA-Lab has got awarded two best-paper-awards during Fall 2010 in IEEE ISOCC and WTA 2010. Congratulations to Ph.D candidates, Mr. Haiqing Nan and Mr. Li Li !
- DA-Lab awarded a research project from LSIS (Phase I: June 2010 - Sept 2010 / Phase II: Oct 2010 - May 2011) about 'Design and Implementation for ISO/IEC 18000-6REV1 UHF RFID System'
- DA-Lab has submitted 4 journal papers and 7 conference papers (CICC, SOCC, EIT, ISCAS, and RFID) regarding ultra-low-power design, PVT-variation aware circuits, and hybrid and reconfigurable Carbon Nanotube circuit techniques. (Spring 2010, Jan. 2010 - May. 2010)
Mar 8-12 2010
- Prof. Ken Choi presented seminars and technical discussions to collaborate with LSIS, KAIST, YonSei Univ., Korea Univ., Hanyang Univ., Konkuk Univ., and local companies in Korea
- DA-Lab Ph.D Student, Haiqing Nan received a best
paper award (COSAR Award) in IEEE ISOCC 2009
- DA-Lab has submitted 2 journal papers and 7 conference papers (ISCAS,
ISQED, and GLSVLSI) regarding ultra-low-power design, PVT-variation aware
circuits, and hybrid and reconfigurable Carbon Nanotube circuit techniques.
(Fall 2009, Aug. 2009 - Dec. 2009)
- Prof. Ken Choi visited Japan and Korea for technical discussions and
seminars to collaborate with LSIS, KAIST, ETRI, Korea Univ., Hanyang Univ.,
Konkuk Univ., and local companies.
- DA-Lab awarded three research projects during
Spring 2009 about low-power NoC design for multimedia and multi-processor
design, energy harvesting circuit desing for EAP, and high-sensitive RFID system
- DA-Lab has submitted 4 journal papers and 6
conference papers (ISLPED, EIT, ISOCC,and ASP-DAC) regarding ultra-low-power
design and PVT-variation aware circuit techniques.
- A senior post-doc research associate, Dr. KyungKi Kim,
- Prof. Ken Choi visited Korea for seminars with LSIS, KAIST,
ETRI, and local companies.
- Final reports for research projects for 2008 are submitted.
- Implementation for EPC Radio-Frequency Identification Protocol of Class-1
Generation-2 UHF RFID System
- Low-power Multimedia Mobile Processor Design
- Two final reports for research projects are submitted.
- Senior executive vice president, Dr. JW Choe, visited DA-LAb
and made an MOU for future collaboration between IIT-ECE and LS Idustrial
- A director (Dr. G. Choi) in LSIS visited to DA-Lab for future
collaborations with IIT.
- A manager and an engineer from LSIS visited to DA-Lab and
testbed of RFID-System in DA-Lab is setup.
- Engineers from LSIS visited to DA-Lab
- Mr. Haiqing Nan and Mr. Pranjal Jain got best poster prizes at
the IIT ECE day
- Mr. Pranjal Jain and Mr. Feng Ge were awarded second place
for best poster and presentation competition in IIT Research Day
- Dr. SeongMo Park and his group egineer in Electronics and
Telecommunicatios Reserach Institute (ETRI) from Korea visited DA-Lab for future
collaboration about "Mobile Multimedia Platform Development and its SoC
- DA-Lab has been awarded with two projects
- Design and Implementation for EPC Radio-Frequency Identification Protocol of
Class-1 Generation-2 UHF RFID System to communicate at 860 MHz 960MHz"
sponsored by LS Industrial Systems
- RT Level Design and Implementation for Ultra-Low Power by using Automatic RT
Level Code Conversion Algorithms" sponsored by ETRI
- Mr. Haiqing Nan and Ms. Jihong Dong submitted a paper to
MWSCAS'08 - "Inter-Hierarchical Power Analysis Methodology to Reduce Multiple
Orders of Magnitude Run-Time without Compromizing Accuracy"
- Mr. Pranjal Jain and Mr. Feng Ge submitted a paper to CHES'08
- "Ultra-Low Power and High Speed Design and Implementation of AES and SHA1
Hardware Cores in 65 Nanometer CMOS Technology"
- Dr. Ken Choi is invited for a tutorial session in the field of
leakage-power reduction techniques at DATE (Design, Automation, and Test in
Europe), March 10-14th, 2008 in Munich, Germany
- Four new Master's students have joined Spring' 08 semester in DA-Lab
- Dr. CD Cho, a vice dean in Engineering Dept. from Inha University visited
IIT DA-Lab on Nov. 9th for future collaboration
- Dr. Ken Choi is invited to present seminar on low power design issues in
December 2007 from Korea Polytechnic University, Korea, Samsung, and Dongbu
- Dr. Ken Choi visited Portland State University, Portland, Oregon for an
invited talk with Intel people
- Sequence low-power CAD tools are installed in IIT and currently being used at
RTL level for research in power reduction
- IIT DA-Lab and Sequence Design has set up a research
collaboration contract and Sequence donated low-power analysis CAD Tools (it is
worth 4.26 million dollars)
- Mr. Jerry Frenkil (CTO, Sequence Design) visited IIT on Sept. 2007 for a seminar on "low-power design methodology and flows "