[BCNnet] Uptown Peregrine Plight

Robbie Hunsinger redstart1 at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 6 08:29:32 CST 2005

Dear BCN

We have a situation with eh Uptown Theatre Peregrine couple that needs some
attention.

If you haven¹t heard about this-
The nesting couple has lost at least two fledglings over the past few years
thanks to a chimney hazard on the roof there.

The owner of the building is in default- the new owner is amenable to
someone else fixing the problem- aka ­ capping the chimney
but they don¹t even know if the buliding will be torn down or something
soon, so they are not interested in spending money on fixing the problem.

The situation is that the Peregrines are likely already nesting again at
this location and I and some other concerned folks are hoping to get that
chimney covered so that the young birds will not be at risk again.

We need a contractor or someone with a cherry picker perhaps to get access
to cap the chimney.

It is possible to raise some funds for this project I believe but everything
needs to happen ASAP.

The city says their hands are tied because its private property.
They are available to call to put pressure on the current owner but I am not
sure this is the best approach.

Any ideas on this one? Any contacts?

The will is there to do something but now I find that I don¹t know who might
be interested in helping us fix this. There is a great opportunity for
great press for anyone that wants to take care of it.

Thanks for any leads on solving this rather pressing situation-

Robbie