[BCNnet] Nominees for Chicago Audubon Environmental Awards wanted

Alan Anderson casresearch at comcast.net
Tue Jan 18 20:05:16 CST 2005

On Saturday, April 16, 2005, the Chicago Audubon Society will hold its
Bi-ennial Environmental Awards Banquet, to honor those who have made
contributions to conservation and birding in the Chicagoland area.

We are asking area birders, conservationists and those interested in the
natural environment and ecology to submit nominations for this year's
awards.

If you have suggestions for nominees in any of the categories below, please
let me know, by downloading and mailing the nomination form at
www.chicagoaudubon.org , or by e-mailing the same information to me at
casresearch at comcast.net . Nominations must be received by Tuesday, February
15, 2005.

The categories are:
Service to Chicago Area Birders
Excellence in Environmental Reporting
Protector of the Environment - Educator
Protector of the Environment - Political Service
Protector of the Environment - Single Act (Individual)
Protector of the Environment - Single Act (Group)
Protector of the Environment - Avocation
Protector of the Environment - Vocation

As many past award recipients would be worthy of an award many subsequent
years, for the most part, we do not give an individual more than one award,
so please check the website to see who received awards in the past. [visit
www.chicagoaudubon.org , click "read more" about the Awards Banquet, and
click on "so click here to see who received awards in the past (since
1977)."

We are now alternating the Awards Banquet with the Birding America
conferences, so the last Awards were given out in 2003.  Final Award
recipients are determined by the Chicago Audubon Board of Directors.   Note:
Awards may not be given in each category each year.

We hope many of you join us at the banquet. This year it will be held on
April 16th at the Silver Stallion Restaurant, 1275 Lee Street (a.k.a.
Mannheim Road), Des Plaines IL. It is located just south of Algonquin Road,
and easily accessible from the Kennedy Expressway, I-190 and I-294.

Our featured speakers this year will be Sheryl De Vore and Steve Bailey,
authors of Birds of Illinois. Their topic will be: "The Wide, Wide World of
Illinois Birds: Things We Knew and Things We Didn't Know About the Avian
Species of the Prairie State." They will also be available to autograph
copies of their book.

By signing up early you can save a few dollars. Cost this year is $24 per
person if you sign up before March 20, and $27 after March 20th. Dinner
choices include chicken, fish or vegetarian (eggplant parmesan). Sign up by
contacting Alan Anderson, 1633 Howard Ave., Des Plaines, IL 60018 or
(e-mail: casresearch at comcast.net ); let me know how many are coming and
which food choice you prefer. Please forward your check to me by Saturday,
April 9, and make it payable to Chicago Audubon Society (you may also pay by
credit card, by calling the Chicago Audubon office at 773-539-6793).

Banquet details:
Reception and Cash Bar - 5:30pm
Dinner - 6:30pm
Presentation of Awards
Program (Sheryl De Vore and Steve Bailey)
Events should conclude before 9:00pm.

Alan B. Anderson
casresearch at comcast.net
Des Plaines, Cook Co.

www.chicagoaudubon.org

(if you have any suggestions for nominees, or questions or comments, please
contact me directly, rather than make the response/nomination to the List.
Thanks)