[BCNnet] Orland Grassland Bird Event

Judy Pollock bobolnk at ix.netcom.com
Wed Apr 27 16:27:50 CDT 2005

I'm passing this message along on behalf of the Orland Grassland
volunteers, and encourage you to visit this beautiful spot at the height of
its glorious birdiness...

The Orland Grassland Volunteers are planning their very first official
spring grassland bird count, and we need you!  Whether you are an
experienced birder or new and curious, you are very welcome to be a part of
this important, grand event.  We need leaders and those wanting to learn.

Grassland Bird Count
When?  May 21, 2005
Time?  7:00 a.m.
Where?  Orland Grassland – 167 th Street just west of LaGrange Road, Orland
Park.

There will be a workshop for new birders and trip leaders this weekend.  If
you can't make the workshop, your eyes and ears are still needed for the event.
Workshop: May 1, 2005 10:00 a.m, Camp Sagawau
You are invited to come early for a Bird Hike at 7:00 a.m.
Attend one of two workshops: beginning birding or organizing leaders at
10:00 a.m.
Bring a bag lunch or something to cook on the grill.
Take a Canyon Tour at 12:00 p.m.
Watch the Bird Banding 7a.m.-12 p.m. (weather permitting)

For more information on learning or helping lead a team, call:

Suzanne Koglin
708-349-4913

Judy Pollock
Director of Bird Conservation