[BCNnet] workday tomorrow at Jarvis Migratory Bird Sanctuary

Terry Schilling tsrecord@ripco.com
Fri, 09 Apr 2004 21:19:58 -0500

Sorry for the late post and any cross-posting.

Tomorrow is the first of two workdays at Jarvis this month, the other
being April 24th. We're planning to seed another "buffer" area outside
of the fence and south of the platform. The soil has been prepared.
We'll work on cleaning up some of winter's debris inside the fence, and
if we have enough people and time, we may do some mulching or other
seeding inside the fence.

Dress for the weather, and wear a hat - the first night-herons were
spotted this week. Tools and work gloves will be provided, and we'll
have refreshments from Ann Sather's as usual.

If you drive, it's recommended that you park in the Marovitz Golf Course
parking lot. We'll meet on the east side of the sanctuary at 9 a.m.
Jarvis can be reached from the Recreation Dr. exit from northbound Lake
Shore Drive, or the Irving Park Rd. exit southbound. If you're coming
from the west continue on Irving Park until you turn into the park east
of Lake Shore Dr.

Terry Schilling
Chicago
--
Savanna Oak Productions provides full service video and audio production
and post, along with web site design, maintenance and web application