[BCNnet] birding at HE DTA - friendly, co-exist; at Beck Lake? - Pay up!

Rbdoeker@aol.com Rbdoeker@aol.com
Sat, 8 Nov 2003 09:44:49 EST

-------------------------------1068302689

Unfortunately this train has left the station.  Our challenge is to influence
where the Thatcher Woods dog area is sited and to get preservation of the
forest included in the decision process.

Elsewhere Alan told me his biggest complaint is that the dog areas are
off-limits to everyone but the permit-holders.  My initial guess is that is a
liability issue.  The county already has 2 very expensive on-going law suits related
to dog attacks. I expect that the language in the permit holds them harmless
for whatever happens within the fenced-in area. (Or I sure hope it does.  I
think the FP district is paying $100K per month right now just on the legal work
for the two suits from Dan Ryan Woods.)

Randi Doeker
Chicago

In a message dated 11/8/2003 8:03:53 AM Central Standard Time,