[BCNnet] Arctic ALERT !!!! Illinois, we need your HELP !!!

Judy Pollock bobolnk@ix.netcom.com
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 13:13:56 -0600

>Subject: Arctic  ALERT !!!! We need your HELP !!!

>BREAKING NEWS ON ARCTIC:
>
>Pro-drilling supporters in the U.S. Senate are pulling out all the stops
to attach Arctic drillings provisions to the Senate Budget bill on
THURSDAY, MARCH 13th -- something they see as their best bet at opening the
Refuge to oil drilling this year!  According to our Congressional contacts,
Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist (R-Tennessee) says if the pro-drillers do
not have 50 votes by tomorrow, do not attach Arctic drilling to the Senate
budget bill.  Vice President Dick Cheney says he has 49. Remember, 50 is
all the pro-drillers need, and the Vice President will be called on to
break the tie. (Obviously, he supports drilling in the Refuge.)  These are
the Senators who the pro-drillers are pressuring for that "50th" vote.  If
any of these lawmakers represent you, please take a moment to contact their
office VIA TELEPHONE at (202)224-3121 and urge them to oppose any efforts
to open the Arctic Refuge to oil drilling, specifically keep it out of the
Senate Budget Resolution for Fiscal Year 2004.

>ARKANSAS: Senators Lincoln & Pryor
>ARIZONA:  Senator McCain
>ILLINOIS: Senator Fitzgerald
>MINNESOTA: Senator Coleman