[BCNnet] Arctic ALERT !!!! Illinois, we need your HELP !!!

Rbdoeker@aol.com Rbdoeker@aol.com
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 19:43:22 EST

--part1_9.c57d2b3.2b9fdcaa_boundary

<A HREF="http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm?State=IL">http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm?State=IL</A>

That's the central website for the two IL Senators, with links to each for
sending an email. Senator Fitzgerald even has a webform.

Randi Doeker

In a message dated 3/11/03 1:11:00 PM Central Standard Time,
bobolnk@ix.netcom.com writes:

> >Subject: Arctic  ALERT !!!! We need your HELP !!!
>
> >BREAKING NEWS ON ARCTIC:
> >
> >Pro-drilling supporters in the U.S. Senate are pulling out all the stops
> to attach Arctic drillings provisions to the Senate Budget bill on
> THURSDAY, MARCH 13th -- something they see as their best bet at opening the
> Refuge to oil drilling this year!  According to our Congressional contacts,
> Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist (R-Tennessee) says if the pro-drillers do
> not have 50 votes by tomorrow, do not attach Arctic drilling to the Senate
> budget bill.  Vice President Dick Cheney says he has 49. Remember, 50 is
> all the pro-drillers need, and the Vice President will be called on to
> break the tie. (Obviously, he supports drilling in the Refuge.)  These are
> the Senators who the pro-drillers are pressuring for that "50th" vote.  If
> any of these lawmakers represent you, please take a moment to contact their
> office VIA TELEPHONE at (202)224-3121 and urge them to oppose any efforts
> to open the Arctic Refuge to oil drilling, specifically keep it out of the
> Senate Budget Resolution for Fiscal Year 2004.
> >
> >ARKANSAS: Senators Lincoln &Pryor
> >ARIZONA:  Senator McCain
> >ILLINOIS: Senator Fitzgerald
> >MINNESOTA: Senator Coleman
> >OHIO: Senator Dewine
> >OREGON: Senator Smith

--part1_9.c57d2b3.2b9fdcaa_boundary

=3D"News Gothic MT" LANG=3D"0"><A HREF=3D"http://www.senate.gov/general/cont=
act_information/senators_cfm.cfm?State=3DIL">http://www.senate.gov/general/c=
ontact_information/senators_cfm.cfm?State=3DIL</A><BR>
<BR>
That's the central website for the two IL Senators, with links to each for s=
ending an email. Senator Fitzgerald even has a webform.<BR>
<BR>
Randi Doeker<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
In a message dated 3/11/03 1:11:00 PM Central Standard Time, bobolnk@ix.netc=
om.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px"></FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000080"=
 style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"A=
rial" LANG=3D"0"><BR>
<BR>
&gt;Subject: Arctic&nbsp; ALERT !!!! We need your HELP !!!<BR>
<BR>
&gt;BREAKING NEWS ON ARCTIC:<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt;Pro-drilling supporters in the U.S. Senate are pulling out all the stops=
<BR>
to attach Arctic drillings provisions to the Senate Budget bill on<BR>
THURSDAY, MARCH 13th -- something they see as their best bet at opening the<=

Refuge to oil drilling this year!&nbsp; According to our Congressional conta=
cts,<BR>
Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist (R-Tennessee) says if the pro-drillers do<=

not have 50 votes by tomorrow, do not attach Arctic drilling to the Senate<B=

budget bill.&nbsp; Vice President Dick Cheney says he has 49. Remember, 50 i=
s<BR>
all the pro-drillers need, and the Vice President will be called on to<BR>
break the tie. (Obviously, he supports drilling in the Refuge.)&nbsp; These=20=
are<BR>
the Senators who the pro-drillers are pressuring for that "50th" vote.&nbsp;=
 If<BR>
any of these lawmakers represent you, please take a moment to contact their<=

office VIA TELEPHONE at (202)224-3121 and urge them to oppose any efforts<BR=

to open the Arctic Refuge to oil drilling, specifically keep it out of the<B=

Senate Budget Resolution for Fiscal Year 2004.<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt;ARKANSAS: Senators Lincoln &amp;Pryor<BR>
&gt;ARIZONA:&nbsp; Senator McCain<BR>
&gt;ILLINOIS: Senator Fitzgerald<BR>
&gt;MINNESOTA: Senator Coleman<BR>
&gt;OHIO: Senator Dewine<BR>
&gt;OREGON: Senator Smith<BR>
&gt;<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3D2=
 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"News Gothic MT" LANG=3D"0"><BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_9.c57d2b3.2b9fdcaa_boundary--