[BCNnet] Marshbird Monitoring Protocol

BFisher928@aol.com BFisher928@aol.com
Sat, 12 Apr 2003 22:00:26 EDT

--part1_ca.1aeded8f.2bca1eba_boundary

Pasted below is a brief description of a nationwide project being carried
out, whose main purpose is to test certain assumptions related to locating
and monitoring marsh dwelling birds. You can obtain copise of the protocol by
emailing Dr. Conway at the address shown.
Since many of us get out into marshes when monitoring, perhaps we could
contribute to the study.

Regards
Bob Fisher
BFisher928@aol.com
Downers Grove (DuPage county) IL

> Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 07:31:16 -0500
> To: MWPART-L@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
> Subject: Marshbird Monitoring Protocol
>
> Attached is a monitoring protocol for secretive marshbirds that is being
> developed by Dr. Courtney Conway (Arizona Cooperative Fish and Wildlife
> Research Unit) as an outgrowth of the national marshbird monitoring
> workshop held several years ago (see http://www.mp2-pwrc.usgs.gov/marshbird
> ).  He is seeking cooperators who are interested in using this protocol and
> contributing their data so that he can investigate several issues related
> to marshbird monitoring.
> The protocol is designed to test some of the lingering questions related to
> marshbird monitoring, e. g., for which species is call broadcast effective?
> What is the detection probability associated with passive and
> call-broadcast surveys?  How many points are necessary to obtain sufficient
> power to detect population trends?
>
> If you are interested in helping with this project, please contact Dr.
> Conway at 520-626-8535 or cconway@Ag.Arizona.Edu.  He is able to provide
> you with CDs or tapes containing the calls of marshbirds in your area,
> should you need them.

--part1_ca.1aeded8f.2bca1eba_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Pasted below is a brief description of a nationwide pr=
oject being carried out, whose main purpose is to test certain assumptions r=
elated to locating and monitoring marsh dwelling birds. You can obtain copis=
e of the protocol by emailing Dr. Conway at the address shown.<BR>
Since many of us get out into marshes when monitoring, perhaps we could cont=
ribute to the study.<BR>
<BR>
Regards<BR>
Bob Fisher<BR>
BFisher928@aol.com<BR>
Downers Grove (DuPage county) IL <BR>
<BR>
&gt; Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 07:31:16 -0500<BR>
&gt; To: MWPART-L@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU<BR>
&gt; Subject: Marshbird Monitoring Protocol<BR>
&gt; <BR>
&gt; Attached is a monitoring protocol for secretive marshbirds that is bein=
g<BR>
&gt; developed by Dr. Courtney Conway (Arizona Cooperative Fish and Wildlife=
<BR>
&gt; Research Unit) as an outgrowth of the national marshbird monitoring<BR>
&gt; workshop held several years ago (see http://www.mp2-pwrc.usgs.gov/marsh=
bird<BR>
&gt; ).&nbsp; He is seeking cooperators who are interested in using this pro=
tocol and<BR>
&gt; contributing their data so that he can investigate several issues relat=
ed<BR>
&gt; to marshbird monitoring.<BR>
&gt; The protocol is designed to test some of the lingering questions relate=
d to<BR>
&gt; marshbird monitoring, e. g., for which species is call broadcast effect=
ive?<BR>
&gt; What is the detection probability associated with passive and<BR>
&gt; call-broadcast surveys?&nbsp; How many points are necessary to obtain s=
ufficient<BR>
&gt; power to detect population trends?<BR>
&gt; <BR>
&gt; If you are interested in helping with this project, please contact Dr.<=

&gt; Conway at 520-626-8535 or cconway@Ag.Arizona.Edu.&nbsp; He is able to p=
rovide<BR>
&gt; you with CDs or tapes containing the calls of marshbirds in your area,<=

&gt; should you need them.<BR>
<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_ca.1aeded8f.2bca1eba_boundary--