[BCNnet] Fwd:Results of Montrose Beach Dog Pilot Project

DAntieau@aol.com DAntieau@aol.com
Sun, 8 Dec 2002 14:39:43 EST

--part1_4e.1523f172.2b24f9ff_boundary

Bird People:
=A0
I recently=A0inquired about the result=A0of the Chicago Park District's=20
two-month=A0long Montrose Dog Beach Pilot Project, which=A0ended on November=
 1,=20
2002.=A0=A0I=A0understand this information has not been posted on the chat l=
ines.=A0=20
Please=A0pardon the redundancy if=A0it has.
=A0
After evaluating the=A0pilot, the Chicago Park District has made the decisio=
n=20
to continue to allow off-leash dog access on Montrose Beach within the newly=
=20
fenced area at the north=A0end (next to the former Wilson boat=20
launch)=A0throughout the year.
=A0
Dogs will not be allowed=A0on or off-leash=A0on the remaining portion of=A0M=
ontrose=20
Beach=A0AT ANY TIME.=A0 Signs with maps will be posted along the beach to cl=
early=20
communicate this information.=A0 The message 'no dogs allowed'=A0is already=20
posted on the signs in the dune habitat protection area.
=A0
Also of interest,=A0the City Council has raised the fine for off-leash dogs=20=
to=20
$300.=A0=A0The fine is citywide.=A0I=A0was told that the best way to report=20
violations of the dog ordinance is to=A0call=A0311, the Chicago Police=20
non-emergency=A0number.=A0=A0
=A0
Best wishes to all for a=A0safe and joyful holiday season!
=A0
Leslie Borns
<A HREF=3D"mailto:birdperson@juno.com">birdperson@juno.com</A>
Chicago/Cook

--part1_4e.1523f172.2b24f9ff_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3D2>
<BR>
<BR></FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D3 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Ar=
ial" LANG=3D"0">Bird People:
<BR>=A0
<BR>I recently=A0inquired about the result=A0of the Chicago Park District's=20=
two-month=A0long Montrose Dog Beach Pilot Project, which=A0ended on November=
 1, 2002.=A0=A0I=A0understand this information has not been posted on the ch=
at lines.=A0 Please=A0pardon the redundancy if=A0it has.
<BR>=A0
<BR>After evaluating the=A0pilot, the Chicago Park District has made the dec=
ision to continue to allow off-leash dog access on Montrose Beach within the=
 newly fenced area at the north=A0end (next to the former Wilson boat launch=
)=A0throughout the year.
<BR>=A0
<BR>Dogs will not be allowed=A0on or off-leash=A0on the remaining portion of=
=A0Montrose Beach=A0AT ANY TIME.=A0 Signs with maps will be posted along the=
 beach to clearly communicate this information.=A0 The message 'no dogs allo=
wed'=A0is already posted on the signs in the dune habitat protection area.
<BR>=A0
<BR>Also of interest,=A0the City Council has raised the fine for off-leash d=
ogs to $300.=A0=A0The fine is citywide.=A0I=A0was told that the best way to=20=
report violations of the dog ordinance is to=A0call=A0311, the Chicago Polic=
e non-emergency=A0number.=A0=A0
<BR>=A0
<BR>Best wishes to all for a=A0safe and joyful holiday season!
<BR>=A0
<BR>Leslie Borns
<BR><A HREF=3D"mailto:birdperson@juno.com">birdperson@juno.com</A>
<BR>Chicago/Cook