[BCNnet] Jarvis Migratory Bird Sanctuary workday Saturday Dec. 7th

Terry Schilling tsrecord@ripco.com
Fri, 06 Dec 2002 00:19:30 -0600

This Saturday we'll be having a brush cutting, and if there's not too
much snow, a seed planting workday at the Jarvis Migratory Bird
Sanctuary in Chicago's Lincoln Park (directions below). We start at 9
a.m. and we'll be there until about 2 p.m. Join us when you can!

Please dress for the weather. We'll have tools and work gloves, but it's
a good idea to bring glove liners if you have them. We'll also have
binoculars available to do a little birdwatching during breaks, and
refreshments from Ann Sathers. Hope to see you there!

Access from the north and west is from Irving Park Road; follow Irving
east until it turns south (in the park); go past the tennis courts and
take the first road left to the golf course parking lot (just north of
the Totem Pole). Access from the south is from the Recreation Drive exit
from northbound Lake Shore Drive (the next exit after Belmont). Continue
north ("soft" left turn from the stop sign) past the totem pole, then
take the first road to the right back to the golf course parking lot.
Park on the east side of the parking lot, just after you pull in. Walk
down the access road toward the lake; turn right (south) along the
fence. We'll meet at the garage just northeast of the Sanctuary. Public
transportation, via several CTA bus routes (Addison and the Sheridan
Road buses) is also available. There is a pedestrian underpass just
north of the Addison - Lake Shore Drive intersection.

Terry Schilling
--
T/S Recording and tsssystems.com provide full service video, audio and
music production and post for both traditional media and the Web, along