[BCNnet] Re: other Cal. issues - Marina plan sunk

Alan Anderson casresearch@attbi.com
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 18:09:36 -0500

in yesterdays post, I couldn't mention too much about the big marina news,
until the official word came out;  just in case you missed it, there was a
story in the Sun-Times today about the "killing"
 of the Port District's plans for a marina in Lake Calumet.   It also
discusses other related issues.

See the link below:

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-lake30.html

"Daley sinks plan for big marina in Lake Calumet"

of course there are still a lot of other issues and hurdles in the continued
attempt to save, protect and manage the open space areas in the Lake Calumet
region ...  one step at a time I guess

Alan Anderson
casresearch@attbi.com
Des Plaines
Chicago Audubon Society representative, Lake Calumet Ecosystem Partnership