[BCNnet] you're invited - talk and reception

bobolnk@ix.netcom.com bobolnk@ix.netcom.com
Sat, 29 Dec 2001 19:48:35 -0500

The Bird Conservation Network is pleased to partner with the Brookfield Zoo and the Habitat Project to present an encore performance of Steve Bailey's "Chicago Area Birds: Habitat Requirements and Conservation Needs."  This slide presentation was thoroughly enjoyed by the participants at last spring's BCN Census workshop in McHenry County. Steve gives a insightful look at the habitat threats and pressures on our area's bird populations, and shows slides of virtually all of our important local breeding birds at the nest and in their habitat. This talk will be invaluable to all bird monitors and interesting to anyone concerned about local habitat issues.

Steve Bailey draws from much experience with Illinois birds during his years of ornithological field work with the Illinois Natural History Survey on the Critical Trends Assessment Program.

The slide presentation will be followed by refreshments and a chance
to socialize. We hope to see you there!

The talk and reception will be held on Saturday, January 19 from 2 to 4:30 at the Brookfield Zoo's Discovery Center. Enter at the Zoo's South Gate and ask to be directed to the parking lot near the Discovery Center.

Please RSVP to me by Jan 11 at (847) 965-1150 ext. 15 or jpollock@audubon.org.

Judy Pollock