Postdoctoral Position in Image/Video Processing and Computer Vision
The Multimedia Communications Laboratory in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at IIT has an immediate opening for a postdoctoral scholar in the area of image/video processing and communications. The successful applicant will work closely with Prof. Joohee Kim and her graduate students on projects related to three-dimensional video representation and transmission, object detection and tracking, and real-time dense 3D reconstruction.
Candidates must have a PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering or Computer Science. Applicants are required to have strong background in image/video processing and computer vision, good oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work well independently as well as in a team environment.
Applicants are requested to e-mail their CV and the names and contact information of three references to Dr. Joohee Kim.
Multimedia Communications lab is engaged in research related to theories, algorithms and applications of multimedia processing and communications.
Current research activities of the lab include :-
- 3-D video representation and transmission
Distributed video coding
- Depth extraction and compression.
- Compression of multi-view video plus depth.
- View synthesis and rendering.
- Error-resilient transmission of 3-D video.
Object detection, tracking, and recognition
- Low-complexity distributed video coding.
- Distributed muliple description coding.
- Multi-view distributed video coding
- Hardware/software co-design of distributed video coding.
Real-time dense 3D reconstruction
- Multi-cue pedestrian detection and tracking.
- 3D interest point detection and feature description.
- Activity modeling and anomaly detection.
- Semantic-based video retrieval.
- Camera pose estimation.
- Surface reconstruction.
- Segmentation and tracking of objects.
To learn more about our research, please click here.