[BCNnet] help us honor and thank many who have helped save and protect our birds, open space, and native species (3 days left to register)

casresearch at comcast.net casresearch at comcast.net
Mon Mar 23 22:16:43 CDT 2015

Since the 1970's, the Chicago Audubon Society has looked to thank and honor many local birders, conservationists, land managers, stewards, writers and other who have done so much to protect, save and help local wildlife, flora and open space.

We'd like to share the list of 2015 CAS Environmental Award Recipients, as chosen by the CAS Board.   We will be honoring them at our Awards Banquet on March 28, at the Silver Stallion Restaurant in Des Plaines, and hope that many others who appreciate their work, and perhaps have worked with them, will come and join us as we thank them publicly.  So far we have 58 people who have signed up, and hope that more will join us.

Following the dinner and Awards Ceremony, Roberta Asher will be giving an interesting program 'A Birder's Trip to Cuba'.

Details at http://www.chicagoaudubon.org/content/awards-dinner-and-annual-meeting  . You can sign up until Thursday night, March 26.

Here is the list of this year's honorees:

The Board of Directors is pleased to announce the following Awardees for 2015:

Excellence in Environmental Reporting:   Jeff Reiter, Columnist, Daily Herald

Protector of the Environment - Educator:  Stacy Iwanicki, Naturalist, Volo Bog, IDNR

Protector of the Environment - Political Service:   Toni Preckwinkle, Board President, Forest Preserve District, Cook County

Protector of the Environment - Single Act (Individual):   John and Jane Balaban, Bunker Hill Savanna and North Branch Prairie

Protector of the Environment - Single Act (Group):   Loyola University, Reuben Keller and “Science and Society” class, working with Chicago Bird Collision Monitors

Protector of the Environment - Avocation:  Kathleen Marie Garness, Botanical Illustrator, Educator, Steward, Monitor

Protector of the Environment - Vocation:   Doug Taron, Curator of Biology, Notebaert Nature Museum

Protector of the Environment - Group:  Chris Anchor (FPDCC Wildlife Biologist) and Stan Gehrt (Ohio State University): Urban Coyote Study

Service to Chicago Area Birders:   Rena Cohen, President, Lake-Cook Audubon

Young Environmentalist:    Nick Minor, Illinois Young Birder

First Friend, Chicago Audubon:   North Park Village Nature Center

Please join us!

Alan Anderson, casresearch at comcast.net , Des Plaines,

www.chicagoaudubon.org