[BCNnet] Wind Power Generators

Evan Craig evan.craig at illinois.sierraclub.org
Sat May 2 08:01:37 CDT 2009

What do we know about how far out birds venture over Lake Michigan during
migrations? Do near offshore turbines pose as great a threat as on-shore
turbines. There is a shallow, central plateau in Lake Michigan. Would a
turbine farm there pose a greater threat than one in rural farmland? There
are probably fewer bats there. What is known about this?

Thanks,

Evan

H:847-680-6437