[BCNnet] Wind Power Generators

birdchris at aol.com birdchris at aol.com
Fri May 1 16:31:26 CDT 2009

The story was on WBBM and was an interview witha? guy who has a winf turbine company. He thinks offshore turbines would be a great idea.

Christine Williamson
Chicago/Cook
birdchris at aol.com

Just Google 'lake Michigan turbine' and steel yourself for the responses.

But the lake is not the only place. There's a turbine going up along the Des
Plaines River right by an IBA. It seems very unlikely that is the only one.

The noise and light flicker from jumbo turbines cause a big conflict with
humans, which means they are going where people are not: in natural areas.

Randi Doeker