[BCNnet] Re: Endangered Species Research - Birds

Brendan Godley Godley-ESR at seaturtle.org
Wed Mar 21 21:38:20 CDT 2007

Dear Ornitholigist Colleagues

Re: Endangered Species Research

I write to

  1.. Inform you of our forthcoming "Tracking Vertebrates for Conservation" special issue; of direct relevance to many ornithologists.
  2.. Let you know of the most recent bird paper published in Endangered Species Research (ESR) <http://www.int-res.com/journals/esr/
Both detailed below.

1. "Tracking Vertebrates for Conservation"

Last month the first Inter-Research Symposium "Tracking Marine Vertebrates for Conservation" was held as part of the International Sea Turtle Symposium. Talks included those on large pelagic fish, turtles, seabirds, seals and great whales. Papers presented will form part of special issue on "Tracking Vertebrates for Conservation" to be published before the end of 2007. Manuscripts are already arriving for what promises to be a pivotal publication. Note:

  1.. this is an open call for submitted manuscripts.
  2.. there has been interest from terrestrial as well as marine workers and I would stress that we are open to contributions on all taxa.
  3.. that all contributions will be published online and open-access and thus extremely high impact is assured
2. Most recent paper

Good TP, McClure MM, Sandford BP, Barnas KA, Marsh DM, Ryan BA, Casillas E (2007) Endangered Species Research Quantifying the effect of Caspian tern predation on threatened and endangered Pacific salmon in the Columbia River estuary

PDF copies of this paper and all other ESR content are freely available at the journals website http://www.int-res.com/journals/esr/.

Please forward this message to anyone you might be interested in avian conservation/ESR/wildlife tracking.

With kind regards

Brendan

Dr. Brendan J. Godley
Senior Lecturer in Conservation Biology
Centre for Ecology & Conservation
University of Exeter, Cornwall Campus
UK

Editor-in-Chief, Endangered Species Research
   <http://www.int-res.com/journals/esr/>