[BCNnet] Wild Things ideas and presenters needed

bobolnk at ix.netcom.com bobolnk at ix.netcom.com
Tue Sep 19 14:40:52 CDT 2006

The Wild Things conference team is putting together the program for the all-day Wild Things conference over the next few months.  We will have one all-day strand related to birds and bird conservation. We want to feature the things that will bring a great and lively crowd together, and we need your ideas.  Have you heard a great speaker lately?  Maybe you are doing something interesting yourself that we would like to know about, and could put together a presentation?  Or - is there a topic you think we'd all benefit from exploring, and you 'd like to suggest some potential panelists?  Here's the info -

Wild Things, a Chicago Wilderness Conference for People and Nature - Call for Presentations
Deadline: November 1, 2006

The biennial Wild Things conference comes to town March 3, 2007 and will be an exciting opportunity to learn about the latest ecological restoration techniques, meet fellow volunteers for nature, and participate in discussions ranging from advocacy to zoology.   The Wild Things planning committee is currently looking for ideas for presentations and presenters.  If you would like to make a presentation at the conference (or would like to suggest a presenter or a particular topic), visit http://habitatproject.org/wildthings/callforpres.html.   Please distribute this information to anyone you think might be interested.  The conference will be held at Northeastern University in Chicago, IL; check the web site for updates.  To share ideas, get more information, or would like to learn of ways you or your organization can participate or act as a sponsor of this conference, please contact chicagowildthings at yahoo.com.

Judy Pollock
jpollock at audubon.org