[BCNnet] Celebration Picnic This Saturday, Theodore Stone Woods

Benjamin Cox benjamin at fotfp.org
Wed Sep 13 18:14:05 CDT 2006

(Apologies in advance for cross posting!)

Come, Let us Celebrate!
Friends of the Forest Preserves'
Victory Celebration and Prairie Tours

Saturday, September 16th, 3-8 PM
Theodore Stone Forest Preserve, Hodgkins
67th Street just east of LaGrange Road
Please RSVP via e-mail to  <mailto:alice at fotfp.org> alice at fotfp.org or
312-696-0070
Suggested Donation $10

Not already a member?  Come and join at the Picnic at the $20 level!

You are invited to a festive day of celebrating the return of greatness to
our
forest preserves. Friends of the Forest Preserves celebrates its 8th year as
the only
organization focused entirely on the Forest Preserve District of Cook
County.

We celebrate our big win at Theodore Stone Forest Preserve. See the
disgraceful
"Apathy Canyon" (1,000 feet long and as much as 20 feet deep) before it is
gone
forever. This sad monument to decades of neglect is becoming a rallying cry
for
the new "can do" spirit of the District and its supporters. We stopped the
stormwater dumping and helped save the globally-rare dolomite prairie, which
is
being lovingly restored by stewardship volunteers. Come and see it all.

We'll have a picnic with prairie tours led by site stewards (and local
experts!)
George and Barbara Birmingham. We'll bring the beer, wine, chicken and
burgers
(real and veggie). Please pitch in a side dish to share. We hope you'll join
us.

Best,

Friends Board Members and Staff

Benjamin Cox