[BCNnet] Meeting Reminder & RSVP request (no sightings)

Randi Doeker - Chicago rbdoeker at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 26 08:58:02 CDT 2005

If you are planning on attending the Saturday presentation on Wind Turbines, please reply back to
me (only) so we know how many chairs to round up!

Randi Doeker

Chicago Ornithological Society

Meeting Details:

Subject: WIND TURBINES (that might be installed in the Chicago area)

Date:  Saturday, October 29th, 2pm

Location:  Margate Park Field House - 4921 N. Marine Drive (60640) in Lincoln Park

              (on the west side of the Drive between Lawrence and Foster)

Parking: There is a large lot behind the Field House however, if the weather is nice, it might be
filled.  So wear the appropriate shoes and leave enough time to park on the east side of Lake Shore
Drive and walk around to the Field House.

Bus: The #146 travels along Marine Drive; the #147 stops at Foster & Marine; the #81 runs along
Lawrence

These two types of wind turbines will be presented at the meeting - Google them for more details:

Aerotecture

TurbodynamX

This meeting is your big opportunity to get the facts on the turbine options and to express your
opinion about turbines in Chicago.  (Since my earlier posting, I've been told that the Museum of
Contemporary Art is making plans to install turbines at their location one block east of the lake.
This follows the proposal for Northerly Island and a different proposal for location TBD.)

This meeting is being organized on behalf of CAS, COS and, our host (and thanks to), the Chicago
Park District.

REMINDER to ILbird readers:  Please make any comments on BCNnet -  <http://www.bcnbirds.org/>
www.bcnbirds.org.

Randi Doeker