[BCNnet] Oil Drilling in ANWR now in Defense Appropriations bill

BFisher928 at aol.com BFisher928 at aol.com
Tue Dec 20 19:04:11 CST 2005

Fellow BCNnetters
If you haven't seen this already, I urge you to go to the Cantwell website
and sign the petition. You've probably followed Sen. Stevens sleazy back door
attempt to get drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge approved by
attaching it as a rider to the Defense Appropriations bill. Sen. Cantwell of
Washington state is one of the strong voices in the Senate against this back door
maneuver.
See the msg pasted below. And I urge you to call your senators and ask them
to stand firm against this, using a filibuster if necessary. The birds of the
Arctic will thank you!
Regards
Bob Fisher

Senator Cantwell has totally stepped up to the plate and is battling
the bully Stevens - yet again.

She is looking for our help to generate millions of names to reinforce
her effort on behalf of the Arctic.

PLEASE follow through on this.  Many of us have asked Senator Cantwell
to champion this issue - the least we can do is sign the Arctic
petition.

www.cantwell.com