[BCNnet] Birder Power

birdperson@juno.com birdperson@juno.com
Sat, 23 Oct 2004 18:43:03 GMT

Bird People:

An out-of-state birding friend recently sent me an interesting website relevant to the upcoming presidential election. "BirdersUnitedToDefeatBush.com" contains a vast amount of information on the sitting president's environmental record with respect to birds and their habitats. Check out "Bush Takes Aim at the Piping Plover" and other equally important reports. Birders United is updated frequently and, quoting from a recent message, "...in little over a month online, the site has posted more than one million Internet hits.  The site is generating Internet hits at a rate of about 35,000 a day, according to figures compiled for Birders United by an independent auditing firm."

IMPORTANT ADVISORY - Our listowners graciously gave me permission to post this information. PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND to this message or the website on IBET or BCNnet.  The website is being posted FOR YOUR INFORMATION ONLY, to be used as a resource if you wish.  If you are not interested in the website content or do not like or agree with it, JUST DELETE.  Transgressors will incur the wrath of the listowners, Geoff (BCNnet) and Sue (IBET), and believe me, you do not want to go there.

That said, I hope you will find this website as interesting and compelling as I did, and that you will share it with your birding friends, as my friend did.

Leslie Borns
birdperson@juno.com
Chicago/Cook