Meet (and thank) Mayor Daley Re: [BCNnet] McCormick Place event

Stephen Packard Stephen Packard" <spackard@mindspring.com
Fri, 18 Jun 2004 10:39:40 -0500

Mayor Daley will be there for "sort of a dedication" of the bird sanctuary.
The French wine company contributed funds to it, and the Mayor is thanking
them.
It's good for Daley to see that people appreciate his efforts for birds and
habitat, so it would be great for birders to show up...if 11:00 a.m. on
Monday fits your schedule.
The Mayor clearly enjoy talking birds with birders, so try it out if you
can.

----- Original Message -----
From: <bobolnk@ix.netcom.com>
To: <ILbirds@yahoo.com>; <bcnnet@ece.iit.edu>
Sent: Friday, June 18, 2004 9:09 AM
Subject: [BCNnet] McCormick Place event

The upcoming McCormick Place event is to thank a French wine company for
providing substantial funding for additional shrubs and small trees at the
McCormick Place Sanctuary. I encourage people to attend.  I haven't heard
anything about parking (and I'm out of town and can't find out) but it might
be worth a try to drive right up to the sanctuary and see if there are any
special parking provisions - another reason to attend, you might get to see
the place without a long walk.

It's great for the birding community to turn out at these things, to let the
city and McCormick Place know that their efforts are apppreciated.

Monday - June 21
11am
McCormick Place bird sanctuary

Judy Pollock