[BCNnet] workday Saturday at Jarvis Migratory Bird Sanctuary

Terry Schilling tsrecord@ripco.com
Fri, 04 Jun 2004 20:24:50 -0500

We'll be busy this summer at Jarvis starting this Saturday. We need to
get the last of the Garlic Mustard out, and we'll be removing invasive
brush and cutting regrowth. If we have time and people, we may do a
little seeding, and we also need to collect some seed from spring
ephemerals that we'll re-plant right away.

Dress for the weather, and wear a hat. Sun protection is important. Work
gloves and tools will be provided, but if you have a good lopper, feel
free to bring it. Refreshments will be provided.

If you drive, it's recommended that you park in the Marovitz Golf Course
parking lot. We'll meet on the east side of the sanctuary at 9 a.m.
Jarvis can be reached from the Recreation Dr. exit from northbound Lake
Shore Drive, or the Irving Park Rd. exit southbound. If you're coming
from the west continue east on Irving Park until you turn into the park
east of Lake Shore Dr.

P.S. If you'd like some daylilies for your garden, you can dig some up
and take some home with you!

P.P.S. Our next workday is scheduled for June 19th. Save the date!

Terry Schilling
Chicago
--
Savanna Oak Productions provides full service video and audio production
and post, along with web site design, maintenance and web application