[BCNnet] update on state budget

Judy Pollock bobolnk@ix.netcom.com
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 18:09:54 -0500

The state budget drama is not over yet; birds and other wildlife could
still suffer major setbacks - here's a forwarded update:

Good afternoon -

As many of you may have read, the Governor and General Assembly passed a
temporary, 30-day budget at the end of June.  Because of YOUR hard work and
active participation, OSLAD & NAAF were included in this short-term budget.

This is VERY good news as the Governor and Legislators continue to work
toward the creation the final FY05 budget.  We don't want to give up or see
anything back track, so we are asking that you check in with your
legislators over the next week or so.

By "check in", we mean just that.  They are BORED right now - sitting around
Springfield waiting for something-ANYTHING-to happen.  If you have a few
minutes, pick up the phone and give them a call in their SPRINGFIELD OFFICE.
More than likely, they'll be more than happy to speak with a constituent to
break up the July monotony.

Simply ask them how the process is going and ask them is OSLAD/NAAF is still
in the budget; let them know that Partners for Parks  and Wildlife (or your
organization)
appreciates their work on this issue; the money and dedicated funding are
very important; and thank them.

Thanks, again, for all of your hard work - PPW has been very successful,
thus far, and with some continued prodding, we'll see final success soon!!

David A. Kelm
Open Space Organizer
M-217-836-2082
F-888-453-1032