[BCNnet] DFA costs

Anderson, Jill JA@psych.uic.edu
Tue, 13 Jan 2004 13:51:39 -0600

I came across this (almost a YEAR OLD!) press release while researching
costs of DFAs. (and yes, I know we were told that "cost was not an issue",
but I like data so I can make my own conclusions)
Other than the cost of a permit, and the number of acres taken from public
use, these are the only numbers I've been able to find.
By having them, I think I understand what is happening to the Forest
Preserves a bit better now.

Jill Anderson
River Forest

STROGER ANNOUNCES $5K+ IN GRANT AWARDS TO FPD FOR BECK LAKE DOG AREA
March 5, 2003
Cook County Forest Preserve District Board President John Stroger today
announced that the Forest Preserve District of Cook County has received
$5,500 in grant monies from the Mendel Family Fund and the PetCo Foundation
to aid in the creation of the Beck Lake Dog Friendly Area project.

"I am pleased to see the continued enthusiasm from the philanthropic
community regarding the Beck Lake Dog Friendly Area project, as these
defrayed costs allow the District to move forward with this initiative,"
said Stroger. "We are grateful to both the Mendel Family Fund and PetCo for
their generosity and applaud their spirit of giving to a most worthwhile
project."

The awards from the Mendel Family Fund and the PetCo Foundation, made in the
amounts of $5,000 and $500, respectively, along with previously-collected
dog permit fees and other donations, brings the total amount received for
the project to $17,345. An estimated $17,000 is needed to create an 11-acre
dog friend area. These donations allow the District to advertise to procure
bids and begin work on the project.

The Mendel Family Fund is a fund of the American Endowment Foundation.