[BCNnet] BCNnet: emails needed for Rehab Ctr at Northerly Island

Robbie Hunsinger redstart1@earthlink.net
Wed, 08 Dec 2004 11:45:39 -0600

--B_3185351139_3332547

Dear Bird Conservationists,

If you have ever wanted to support the Chicago Bird Collision Monitors,
without getting up at 4am,
now is your chance !

As you may know, Bob O=B9Neill , the President of the Grant Park Advisory
Council, and yours truly are spearheading an effort to establish a Bird
Rehabilitation Facility in the former Terminal building at Northerly Island=
.

Chicago Bird Collision volunteers are currently driving birds 3 hours
roundtrip to get the medical help they need.  Most of the birds we rescue
are successfully released once they are evaluated and treated.  We had over
100 rescues in one day this fall - you can imagine the nightmare that ensue=
getting these birds to Elburn where thankfully Fox Valley worked late at no
charge to help the poor little guys.  We totaled around 400 rescues this
fall alone.... and we are not monitoring most of the Loop.

We are working to get the rehab idea represented at the Park District
meetings on Northerly Island, and now Bob has requested that e-mails in
support of this effort be sent to him at the following address so that he
can present them en masse to show support for this idea.

boboneill@grantparkconservancy.com

If you can take a minute to write a mail that would be most appreciated!!!!
You do not need to live close to Chicago to weigh in on this issue. It
doesn=B9t need to be a long e-mail, just something saying you are in favor of
establishing a rehab center at the Island.  Also if you can pass on this
request to anyone that might be interested in helping we would really
appreciate it !

Thanks very much for your help here-
A rehab at Northerly would change our world and it is truly time for such a
facility in a city that takes such pride in its environmental policy and
wonderful bird habitat.

Thanks again for your help and feel free to contact me directly if you have
questions or would like to be more involved in this campaign.

Robbie Hunsinger

redstart1@earthlink.net

Founder & Coordinator
Chicago Bird Collision Monitors
http://www.birdmonitors.net

--B_3185351139_3332547

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>BCNnet: emails needed for Rehab Ctr at Northerly Island</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Lucida Grande">Dear Bird Conservationists,<BR>
<BR>
If you have ever wanted to support the Chicago Bird Collision Monitors, &nb=
sp;without getting up at 4am,<BR>
now is your chance ! &nbsp;<BR>
<BR>
As you may know, Bob O&#8217;Neill , the President of the Grant Park Adviso=
ry Council, and yours truly are spearheading an effort to establish a Bird R=
ehabilitation Facility in the former Terminal building at Northerly Island.<=

<BR>
Chicago Bird Collision volunteers are currently driving birds 3 hours round=
trip to get the medical help they need. &nbsp;Most of the birds we rescue ar=
e successfully released once they are evaluated and treated. &nbsp;We had ov=
er 100 rescues in one day this fall - you can imagine the nightmare that ens=
ued getting these birds to Elburn where thankfully Fox Valley worked late at=
 no charge to help the poor little guys. &nbsp;We totaled around 400 rescues=
 this fall alone.... and we are not monitoring most of the Loop.<BR>
<BR>
We are working to get the rehab idea represented at the Park District meeti=
ngs on Northerly Island, and now Bob has requested that e-mails in support o=
f this effort be sent to him at the following address so that he can present=
 them en masse to show support for this idea.<BR>
<BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF"><U>boboneill@grantparkconservancy.com<BR>
</U></FONT><BR>
If you can take a minute to write a mail that would be most appreciated!!!!=
 &nbsp;&nbsp;You do not need to live close to Chicago to weigh in on this is=
sue. It doesn&#8217;t need to be a long e-mail, just something saying you ar=
e in favor of establishing a rehab center at the Island. &nbsp;Also if you c=
an pass on this request to anyone that might be interested in helping we wou=
ld really appreciate it !<BR>
<BR>
Thanks very much for your help here-<BR>
A rehab at Northerly would change our world and it is truly time for such a=
 facility in a city that takes such pride in its environmental policy and wo=
nderful bird habitat. <BR>
<BR>
Thanks again for your help and feel free to contact me directly if you have=
 questions or would like to be more involved in this campaign.<BR>
<BR>
Robbie Hunsinger<BR>
<BR>
redstart1@earthlink.net<BR>