[BCNnet] Jackson Park's Wooded Island Needs Your Help

Veronica Cook vmcook@ameritech.net
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 12:00:56 -0600

Thanks Randi for including the website- it's so easy to just click on
Contact Us, and send an e-mail. (They promise an answer...) Just did
this and reminded the mayor about the Migratory Bird Treaty signed a
couple of years ago, and all his other efforts to create and enhance
nature areas in the city. Trashing Jackson Park as would happen with a
dog run, would be a real tragedy! I believe that this area is even
nationally known as a "hotspot" for migratory birds, and of course,
along with all the other lakefront sites we hold dear, of critical
importance to them.

Veronica Cook
Lincoln Park (North Pond)