[BCNnet] better habitat coming in DuPage

COszak@aol.com COszak@aol.com
Fri, 7 Nov 2003 19:49:27 EST

-------------------------------1068252567

In a message dated 11/7/2003 6:01:58 PM Central Standard Time,
redstart1@earthlink.net writes:
If a contraceptive works for a long period of time, that would save many deer
from dying by the bullet and it would save the FP sharpshooters from having
to cull. I imagine it would save habitat and save us tax dollars as well.
Nuetered or contraceptive injected deer eat just as much as other deer so it
would take many years until the deer die down by natural causes with no new
births before the habitat will improve.  Dying of natural causes isn't
necessarily gentler than dying by the bullet.

Earlier this week there was a news story about highway accidents, human
injury and deer injuries and deaths caused by deer-car collisions.  Hitting a deer
with your car causes a lot of car damage also.

I'm sure the FPD staff considered cost in the deer control.

Chris Oszak

-------------------------------1068252567

<HTML><HEAD>
<META charset=3DUTF-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charse=
t=3Dutf-8">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1226" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>In a message dated 11/7/2003 6:01:58 PM Central Standard Time, redstart=
1@earthlink.net writes:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: blue=20=
2px solid"><FONT face=3DArial>If a contraceptive works for a long period of=20=
time, that would save many deer from dying by the bullet and it would save t=
he FP sharpshooters from having to cull. I imagine it would save habitat and=
 save us tax dollars as well. &nbsp;</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV>
<DIV>Nuetered or contraceptive injected deer eat just as much as other deer=20=
so it would take many years until the deer die down by natural causes with n=
o new births before the habitat will improve.&nbsp; Dying of natural causes=20=
isn't necessarily gentler than dying by the bullet.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Earlier this week there was a news story about highway accidents, human=
 injury and deer injuries and deaths caused by deer-car collisions.&nbsp; Hi=
tting a deer with your car causes a lot of car damage also.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I'm sure the FPD staff considered cost in the deer control.&nbsp; </DIV=
></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT lang=3D0 face=3DArial size=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" PTSIZE=3D"10"=