[BCNnet] Loop Warblers in Need

Robbie Hunsinger redstart1@earthlink.net
Sun, 11 May 2003 18:41:50 -0500

Hi everyone,
We are a little lean on monitors this week and could use a hand if
anyone is available. The warblers are really coming through and we are
finding quite a few that need a helping hand. I had 5 rescued birds
this morning between 9-11am!  They were all released successfully.

If there is anyone that has been curious about the monitoring program
and interested in helping our feather friends- this is the time!!

Please contact me if you may be able to check the Sears Tower area, the
East Randolph area, the Federal or Daley Plaza or the Franklin and
Randolph area this week.  The way this is going we could use eyes out
down there most any time of the morning or even afternoon. We are
always looking for early risers as well.

This morning I saw my first Black Throated Green Warbler at 311 S
Wacker and was able to help it recover and release it at Jarvis. What a
sight!  Also, there was a YellowThroat and several Nashville Warblers
that were in serious trouble in other areas- all of which were just
fine with a little help.

You do get to see some great birds monitoring and it  is certainly
rewarding seeing them  recover and take off after being in such danger
only hours before.

Thanks everyone and Happy Birding!

Robbie Hunsinger

Chicago Bird Collision Monitors