[BCNnet] Important Bird Areas update

Judy Pollock bobolnk@ix.netcom.com
Mon, 04 Aug 2003 14:24:34 -0500

Nominations have begun to come in for the Illinois Important Bird Areas
program - thank you to everyone who is nominating a site.

The deadline for nominations is September 30.  After the forms come in and
sites are accepted, planning to address identified threats will begin.

In order to make sure we have all the most important areas covered, I would
like to post a list of nominations that are in progress at the end of this
week.  If you are thinking of nominating a site and haven't let me know
yet, please do so now. There are still quite a few sites that meet the
criteria that haven't been spoken for. Please don't let the complexity of
the form stop you. If you can't get all the information together by the
deadline, that's ok - you can submit an incomplete form and get the rest to
us at a more convenient time for you.  The most important thing to submit
on time is the bird data.

Information about the Illinois IBA program including the criteria,
nomination forms, and prizes generously donated by Eagle Optics is at
www.habitatproject.org.

Judy Pollock
Bird Conservation Projects Manager
Audubon - Chicago Region