[BCNnet] Jackson Park meeting

Judy Pollock bobolnk@ix.netcom.com
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 13:42:24 -0500

Since I put out the message about the meeting, I've gotten new information
from several people about the boardwalk at Jackson Park.  Apparently the
plan has been substantially revised from the initial proposal - based on
input from birders.  The boardwalk is now located 80 feet from the island
in question.

I think it's important to go with an open mind tonight - it sounds like
very few people have seen these new plans, so it's possible that they may
not be as disruptive to bird life as people might expect.  I hope that the
meeting will be another  opportunity for birders to offer information to
the park district that can help them to make better habitat for birds.

Judy Pollock
Evanston (Cook)
bobolnk@ix.netcom.com