[BCNnet] woodland bird conservation and monitoring talk tomorrow - no sightings

Judy Pollock bobolnk@ix.netcom.com
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 09:53:53 -0600

Tommorrow Doug Stotz will be the featured speaker at the Cook and Willl
counties BCN monitors' workshop - all are welcome.  He will be talking
about conservation of woodland,  forest and shrubland birds in our region,
and discussing lessons learned from his studies at Swallow Cliff.

Mary Van Haaften of the Chicago Park District will be presenting the plans
for the new bird sanctuaries at McCormick Place and the South Shore
Cultural Center and talking about opportunities for bird monitors with the
CPD.

John Raudenbush will be representing the Cook County Forest Preserve District.

The program will be held at Chicago High School for Agricultural Sciences,
Chicago Agricultural High School, 3857 W 111th St, Chicago, from 9 to 12.
The first hour and a half will be devoted to the programs mentioned above,
the last hour and a half will be an opportunity to enter data on the BCN
Census Interactive Bird Data Page - we will be in a computer room.  You are
welcome to attend either or both parts of the day.  Feel free to bring data
to enter during the second half.

Our first workshop in Kane County was well attended and a fun morning.
Seeing a roomful of birders sitting behing computers is worth the price of
admission alone!!

To learn more about the BCN Census, visit www.fmnh.org/birdcensus.

Judy Pollock
Evanston (Cook)