[BCNnet] Re: CAS awards dinner- Previous Awards Recipients (no sightings)

Alan Anderson casresearch@attbi.com
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 00:32:05 -0600

I thought some of you might like to see a list of past Chicago Audubon Award
recipients.

It's really amazing to look back at the list of the past recipients from
1977 to the present,
and to think of all those who have given so much over the past 25 years- to
birding, to nature education, and to protection of our local environment,
both in vocation and as volunteers.

Congratulation to this years very deserving Award recipients, and to all
those who have done so much in the past, and continue to do so!

(By the way, as of Sunday night, we have 60 people signed up to attend the
dinner! The Homestead Restaurant says they don't need a 'final,final' count
until Thursday night, so if you're still interested in attending and haven't
signed up yet, please feel free to call and let me know, at 847-390-7437,
until Wednesday. The Banquet room holds 70, so we can fit in 10 more.
The dinner is at 6:30pm - cocktails at 5:30 - Saturday, April 6th, at the
Homestead Restaurant on North Ave. in Melrose Park, just east of First Ave.)

This Years Chicago Audubon Society Environmental Award Recipients:

> Excellence in Environmental Reporting: Alison Brown (Chicago Wilderness
Magazine)
> Protector of the Environment - Continuing Avocation: Rick McAndless
(Steward, Poplar Creek Prairie)
> Protector of the Environment - Continuing Vocation: George Rabb
(Brookfield Zoo)
> Protector of the Environment - Single Act: James A. Vroman and
Steven M. Siros (Jenner and Block)
> Service to Chicago Area Birders: Bill Wengelewski (Illinois Beach State
Park)

Previous CAS Award Recipients (1977-2000):

> [...]

> Hausman, Sandy    1998;     Environment. - Single Act
> Hays, Nancy    1996;     Environmental Reporting
> Hennen, Mary  1998;     Service to Birders
> Houghton, Greg    1989;      Environmental Reporting
> Hriljac, Donna    1987;      Prot. Environment - Avocation
> Husar, John    1979;     Environmental Reporting

> IBM Corporation    1984;    Good Business Neighbor
> Ingram, Terrance    1981;     Prot. Environment - Avocation
> Jarvis, William 1983;      Prot. Environment - Avocation
> Jefferson Park Evangelical Free Church 1983;     First Friend
> Johanson, Doris. 1982;     Prot. Environment - Avocation
> Johnson, David B. 1995;      Prot. Environment - Avocation
> Johnson, Hazel 1986;      Environment. - Single Act
> Juracich, Susan 1985;      Environment. - Single Act

> Kleen, Vernon 1995;     Prot. Environment - Vocation
> Koehler, Robert 1986;     Environmental Reporting
> Kurtis, Bill1978;      Environmental Reporting
> Landing, Dr. James 1981;     Environment. - Single Act
> Lannin, Sue 1985;     Prot. Environment - Avocation
> Lewis, Reid     1977;      Prot. Environment - Single Act
> Linkletter, Janice    1977;    Prot. Environment - Avocation

> Malec, Suzanne 1999;     Political Service
> Marcisz, Walter 1991;     Prot. Environment - Avocation
> Marin, Carol 1982;     Environmental Reporting
> Marsh, Carolyn 1995;     Environment. - Single Act
> Melas, Nicholas 1983;     Environment. - Single Act
> Midwest Birding Symp. Planning Com. 1989;     Environment. - Single Act
> Moe, Virginia 1982;       Prot. Environment - Vocation
> Murley, Margaret 1994;      Prot. Environment - Avocation

> Nelson, Rep. Diana 1983;       Political Service
> Netsch, Sen. Dawn Clark 1981;      Political Service
> Neumann, Joseph 1993;      Prot. Environment - Avocation
> Newfeld, Charlotte 2000;        Prot. Environment - Avocation
> Northside Learning Center 1985;      Good Business Neighbor
> Nowak, Joseph and Marlene 1996;      Prot. Environment - Avocation
> One Touch of Nature 1998;      First Friend

> Packard, Stephen 1983;       Prot. Environment - Vocation
> Pitcher, Emma 1984;       Prot. Environment - Avocation
> Poe, Frances 1990;         Prot. Environment - Avocation
> Polk, Rothwell 1992;     Environment. - Single Act
> Pollock, Judy 1999;     Service to Birders
> Quigley, Mike 1999;      Political Service

> Renwick, Rita 1987;     Prot. Environment - Avocation
> Ricci, Claudia 1980;      Environmental Reporting
> Riddell, Jill 1994;     Environmental Reporting
> Ross, Laurel 1990;      First Friend
> Rossi, Annette 1981;      Prot. Environment - Vocation
> Rowan, Jim 1991;     Prot. Environment - Vocation
> Rush, Bobby 1986;      Political Service

> Saint Florian's Church 1992;    Good Business Neighbor
> Sanders, David 1986;     Environment. - Single Act
> Sanders, Jeffrey 1998;     Prot. Environment - Avocation
> Sangmeister, George 1992, 1995;    Political Service
> Save the Prairie Society (Valerie Spale) 1982;    Prot. Environment -
Avocation
> Schumann, Jr. Herbert 1991;    Political Service
> Schwarz, Ray 1988;    Prot. Environment - Vocation
> Serafin, Wes 1993;     Environment. - Single Act
> Shaffer, Terry 1990;     Environmental Reporting
> Sheerin, John 1991;     Prot. Environment - Avocation
> Shinn, Vicki 1994;     Environment. - Single Act
> Shore, Debra 2000;      Environmental Reporting
> Slowinski, Thomas 1987;      Prot. Environment - Vocation
> Smith, Craig 1994;     Environment. - Single Act
> Smith, James O. 1988;    Prot. Environment - Avocation
> Smith, Ald. Mary Ann 1990;     Political Service
> Spreyer, Mark 1986;     Prot. Environment - Vocation
> Steczo, Rep. Terry 1982;    Political Service
> Steffen, James 1996;     Prot. Environment - Vocation
> Stillman, Alexander1977;     First Friend of Chicago Audubon
> Stoffel, Dr. Kevin 1992;     Prot. Environment - Avocation
> Stotz, Douglas 1999;     Prot. Environment - Vocation
> Strand, Paul 1998;     Prot. Environment - Vocation
> Swanson, Stevenson 1990;    Environmental Reporting
> Sweeney, Ross 1990;     Prot. Environment - Avocation
> Swink, Floyd1979;     Prot. Environment - Vocation
> Sullivan, Jerry 1985;    Environmental Reporting

> Tangel, Jeff 1999;    Environment. - Single Act
> Topinka, Judith Barr 1984;    Political Service
> Truitt, Richard 1980;     Environment. - Single Act
> Vander Voort, Frances 1978;    Prot. Environment - Single Act
> van Klan, Laurene 2000;    Prot. Environment - Vocation

> WNIB-FM (Sonia and Bill Florian) 1982;   First Friend
> Wade, Cheena 1997;   Political Service
> Weller, Jerry 1995;    Political Service
> Westcott, Charles 1984;   Prot. Environment - Vocation
> Williamson, Christine 1997;     Environmental Reporting
> Williamson, Geoff 2000;    Service to Birders
> Wyman, Jr., Austin (Bud) 1982;     Prot. Environment - Avocation
> Yates, Rep. Sidney 1982;    Political Service
> Zekman, Pamela 1980;    Environmental Reporting

Alan Anderson, casresearch@attbi.com
Sheryl DeVore, sdevore@voyager.net
CAS Awards Committee Chairpersons

(Note: many of the above could be given awards in many years and in more
than one category, but CAS tries to spread out the awards and therefore
under most circumstances doesn't give anyone more than one award)