[BCNnet] Bird Sanctuary Workday / National Public Lands Day

Terry Schilling tsrecord@ripco.com
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 12:36:58 -0500

Last Saturday's workday was a great success; we got all the seed in that we
needed, and just in time for Sunday's rain.

Our next workday is this coming Saturday:

September 29 (National Public Lands Day)

It's forecast to be a beautiful, sunny day. We'll be planting seedlings and
shrubs, so bring trowels and/or shovels.

We'll be continuing this work on October 6th and 13th if necessary, but if
we have lots of help, maybe we can get everything done Saturday.

Workdays run from 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. Work as little or as long as you can - any
and all help in appreciated! We have thousands of seedlings to plant, but
we'll pre-drill the holes, so the hardest work will be done for you.

As usual, dress for the weather, bring work gloves if you have them (but
don't worry, we have some in case you don't). And bring binoculars for the
migrant birds we'll undoubtedly be seeing.

As usual, we'll have refreshments from Ann Sather's. Hope to see you
there!

Sponsored by the Lake View Citizens Council in cooperation with the Chicago
Park District.

Terry Schilling
--
T/S Recording and tsssystems.com provide full service video, audio and
music production and post for both traditional media and the Web, along