[BCNnet] Lincoln Park Bird Sanctuary Workday tomorrow (one more time!)

Terry Schilling tsrecord@ripco.com
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 09:35:23 -0500

Last Saturday's workday was a another success; we planted another 2400 or so
seedlings and a dozen shrubs, but we still have more to get in the ground
tomorrow. This will be our last chance for the season; that's why we need your
help October 13th at the Lincoln Park Bird Sanctuary!

This workday will run two "shifts", morning and afternoon, and we'll be there
from 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., or whenever we finish. Work as little or as long as you
can - any and all help is appreciated! We still have thousands of seedlings to
plant into pre-drilled the holes in the morning (thanks again to the Park
District for their help with this!), so the hardest work will be done for you.
In the afternoon we'll mostly be planting shrubs. Bring trowels and/or shovels
if you have them, but we do have plenty if you don't.

As usual, dress for the weather, bring work gloves if you have them (but don't
worry, we have some in case you don't). And bring binoculars for the migrant
birds we'll undoubtedly be seeing (or you can borrow one of LVCC's).

We'll have refreshments (as usual) from Ann Sather's. Hope to see you there! If
you need directions, email me and I'll send them along.

Sponsored by the Lake View Citizens Council in cooperation with the Chicago
Park District.

Terry Schilling
--
T/S Recording and tsssystems.com provide full service video, audio and
music production and post for both traditional media and the Web, along