[BCNnet] New Montrose Beach signage

ryanwc ryanwc@msn.com
Sat, 18 Aug 2001 23:44:42 -0600

There's a regular at my kayak-rental place on the river.  He comes by
walking his dogs and has been going out on the water about once a week.
>From being on the river, he's getting into birding, though I can't seem to
convince that the great blue herons he sees aren't 'cranes'.  A minor
discrepancy, all in all.  He refers to whatever he hasn't seen before as "a
really rare bird," a habit with a sort of innocent charm.

Anyway, to circle back to topic, he told me today that he also regularly
walks his dogs at Montrose, but that 'you have to keep them on the leash or
they ticket you.  They're really strict.'

I think three months ago he would've been upset about this, but he
understands the reason for the sanctuary.  He himself hasn't been ticketed,
so the word must be passing through the doggy grapevine.

Just thought it was interesting to hear reaction from someone who is closer
to the other side of the divide, though he's coming our way.

Ryan

Chicago River Canoe &Kayak
www.chicagoriverpaddle.com