[bcnnet] Re: Save The Birds

Gmurphy6@aol.com Gmurphy6@aol.com
Sat, 11 Aug 2001 15:10:00 EDT

< <
  The Nature Conservancy's Nature News, August 1, 2001

  Save the Birds!

  Nearly half of the world's 10,000 bird species breed in the Americas. We
 wake to their songs, mark the seasons by their presence and are inspired by
 their grace.

  But the birds of North America, Latin America and the Caribbean are in
 trouble. In fact, more than 1,000 species are now in decline or are
 dangerously scarce.

  Now there's an easy way for you to help - for free. Just go to The Nature
 Conservancy's home page,    <A
HREF="http://www.you-click.net/GoNow/a14464a39152a67072712a0">
http://www.you-click.net/GoNow/a14464a39152a67072712a0</A>
  , look for the bird and click it.  The Nature Valley Company will donate $1
 to the Conservancy on your behalf.

  This money will help protect vital bird habitat.  Places like the Edge of
 Appalachia Preserve in Ohio and Ecuador's Podocarpus National Park.

  Just one click. A pretty easy way to give our winged friends even more
 reason to sing, don't you think?