IEEE Power and Energy Society
Chicago Chapter 2018-2019
Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
- Illinois Division of
Professional Regulation - Professional Engineer
- Illinois Professional
PROFESSIONAL ENGINEERING PRACTICE ACT OF 1989 - Section 1380.325
The following information is incomplete and paraphrased. See "The
PE Practice Act of 1989 - Section 1380.325" for the official requirements.
Section 1380.325 Professional Development
- Professional Development Hours Requirements ** incomplete; see PE
Practice Act for official rules **
- Beginning with the November 30, 2005 renewal and every renewal thereafter, in order to renew a license as a professional engineer, a licensee shall be required to complete 30 professional development hours (PDH) relevant to the practice of professional engineering.
- A prerenewal period is the 24 months preceding November 30 of each odd-numbered year.
- One professional development hour shall equal a minimum of 50 minutes of instruction or participation.
- It shall be the responsibility of a licensee to maintain a record of PDHs for 6 years. ** incomplete; see PE Practice Act for official rules **
- PDH Record Example: A log of activities that includes the date and number of hours claiming as PDHs, a brief statement of the subject matter, printed program schedules, registration receipts or other proof of participation.
Updated 22 Aug 2018