[BCNnet] Re: IBET [NO SIGHTING] Fwd: Emiquon Science Meeting, March 4th

Jane Ward jward199 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 11:01:15 CST 2010

The link for more information doesn't work. I'm pasting the
information about the EMS below:

The University of Illinois at Springfield’s newly named Alfred O. and
Barbara Cordwell Therkildsen Field Station at Emiquon (formerly UIS’s
Emiquon Field Station)
In cooperation with:
The Nature Conservancy
US Fish and Wildlife Service
Dickson Mounds Museum

Keynote speaker: Dr. Joy B. Zedler
Dr. Zedler is a Professor of Botany and holds the Aldo Leopold Chair
in Restoration Ecology at the University of Wisconsin at Madison.  Dr.
Zedler is known internationally for her work in restoration ecology,
wetland ecology, re-establishment of rare plants, the interactions of
native and exotic species, and adaptive management.  Information about
the Zedler Lab for Wetland Plant Ecology is available at:
http://www.botany.wisc.edu/zedler/.

Call for presentations:
In addition to Dr. Zedler’s talk, we invite presentations from
scientists, students and managers involved with restoration ecology or
the Emiquon Preserve.  There will be two types of presentations at the
meeting: oral presentations and poster presentations.  This year, we
hope that each oral presenter will reference our theme: “Emiquon’s
contribution to restoration ecology, science theory and policy.”
Abstracts of 250 or fewer words are due 1 February 2010.  Abstracts
can be submitted at this Website: https://illinois.edu/sb/sec/8806145.

Deadline for abstracts: 1 February 2010

Meeting date: 	Thursday, 4 March 2010
Time: 	9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Place: 	Dickson Mounds Museum (directions available at
http://www.museum.state.il.us/ismsites/dickson/geninfo.html)

Registration Fee:
$10, check or cash only, please.  The registration fee will be
collected at the meeting.  Lunch and refreshments will be provided.

Registration Website:
Please register at this website: https://illinois.edu/sb/sec/3913717.
There is limited seating in the Museum auditorium, so we can only seat
the first 120 people who register.

Dr. Mike Lemke, Director of UIS’s Therkildsen Field Station at
Emiquon, will be on sabbatical from January to May of 2010. Please
direct questions about Emiquon Science 2010 to:

Dr. Hua Chen, hchen40 at uis.edu;  Phone number: 217-206-8339
Interim Director, Therkildsen Field Station at Emiquon
Biology Dept., Mailstop HSB 223
University of Illinois at Springfield
One University Plaza
Springfield, Illinois 62703

We hope that you can join us at Dickson Mounds Museum on Thursday, 4 March 2010.

--
Jane Ward
Lewistown, Illinois
http://walkwithmepart2.blogspot.com/