[BCNnet] suggestions for Environmental Award nominess wanted

casresearch at comcast.net casresearch at comcast.net
Wed Sep 9 23:23:29 CDT 2009

The Chicago Audubon Society is holding it's bi-annual Environmental Awards banquet on Thursday, November 5th.   Dave Willard of the Field Museum will be the featured speaker, with the program focusing on the research the museum has done over 3 decades of bird strikes at McCormick Place, and what they have learned (also including information from the Chicago Bird Collision Monitors data the past few years).

As usual, we would like to have a wide range of nominations, and also may not be familiar with everyone that would be worthy of an award.    We ask all members of BCN to consider nominating someone.

The categories:

Service to Chicago Area Birders

Environmental Reporting (print, TV or radio, and now even perhaps on-line?)

Protector of the Environment - Vocation

Protector of the Environment - Avocation

Protector of the Environment - Single Act (Group and/or Individual) - Vocation

Protector of the Environment - Single Act (Group and/or Individual) - Avocation

Protector of the Environment - Political Service

Protector of the Environment - Educator

(Please Note: There are many people who would be worthy of being recognized each time; however to 'spread' the recognition and awards around, we ask that you do not nominate someone who already received an award.   See http://www.chicagoaudubon.org/EnvironmentalAwards.shtml  for a list of past award recipients).

To nominate someone, either see the writeup on our CAS website:   www.chicagoaudubon.org , or go to http://www.chicagoaudubon.org/2009EnviroAwardsNomiminations.pdf  for the nomination form.

Thank you for the assistance in gathering a wide range of nominees.

Thanks!

Alan

Alan Anderson, Chicago Audubon Society Awards Committee, casresearch at comcast.net , Des Plaines