[BCNnet] hope you can join us for CAS Awards presentation to 10 recipients, thanks to Doug Anderson-Rich Biss-Carol Nelson and Dave Willard program

casresearch at comcast.net casresearch at comcast.net
Wed Oct 28 22:28:48 CDT 2009

Next Thursday evening, November 5th, the Chicago Audubon Society will be thanking and honoring a number of individuals who have done much to protect habitat, and the environment, and help birds and conservation, in the Chicago area for decades.

We hope you can join us.     All the information is on the main page of our website www.chicagoaudubon.org .

We will be giving Awards to the following:

Barbara Mahany (Chicago Tribune), Sean Shaffer (North Park Village Nature Center), Dick Riner (Bartel Grasslands steward), Robert Montgomery (BCN/IOS), Karen Glennemeier (Habitat Project, Audubon-Chicago Region), Vic Berardi (IL Beach hawkwatch), Jim Harris (self produced nature DVD's), officer Richard Hager (Montrose Point), The Dale Pontius family, and Erva Tool Manufacturing.

We will also be thanking Richard Biss (CAS Rare Bird Alert), Doug Anderson (35+ years as CAS board member/officer, and Wooded Island bird walks) and Carol Nelson (CAS board) for many years of service to CAS and Chicago area birds and conservation.

David Willard of the Field Museum will be presenting (for the first time!) information gathered in over 30 years of collecting data on birds that strike windows etc. at McCormick Place.

This should be a real fun time, and it is always great to honor and thank those who have done so much for birds, habitat, conservation and the environment in the Chicago area.

Please consider coming and invite your friends and others in your organizations.   Contact me for further information.

Thanks!

Alan Anderson,   Chicago Audubon Environmental Awards Committee, www.chicagoaudubon.org , Des Plaines