[BCNnet] bird monitoring workshop

bobolnk at ix.netcom.com bobolnk at ix.netcom.com
Thu Mar 5 14:52:57 CST 2009

BCN Census Workshop in Lake County – Make a Difference for our Birds

Saturday, March 21, 10:00 am to 12:00 pm.
Independence Grove
16400 Buckley Road
Libertyville
For directions:  http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?address=16400%20W%20Buckley%20Rd&city=Libertyville&state=IL&county=Lake&country=US
RSVP to jpollock (at) audubon.org – or just show up!

The Lake County Forest Preserve District is looking for birders who recognize most of our breeding birds by sight and sound and who can make two visits in June to one of their preserves and count the birds observed.   In addition, they are seeking some special people who can take on an advanced monitoring regimen in selected preserves.  There are many beautiful spots that still need monitors. Monitoring gives land managers a better picture of what habitats birds are using in their preserves and what might be impacting their populations for better or worse.  Come to this meeting and learn about the program.  Training is provided.  Contact Judy Pollock with questions.

This is the only BCN Census workshop that will be offered this spring, but there are openings for bird monitors in every county.  Make this the year that you join us!  Contact me for more info.  And -  check out the results of our ten years of monitoring. Visit our trends website: www.bcnbirds.org/trends07

Judy Pollock
Evanston (Cook ) IL