[BCNnet] Endangered Species

Gary J Sibio garysibio at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 14:09:37 CST 2009

I can understand why people would not want to see these species removed
from the Endangered Species List but I believe it should be done as long
as the facts bear it out and that seems to be the case.

If no species ever comes off the list then opponents of the legislation
can claim that it is ineffective and, therefore, useless. Why bother
having the list at all if it does no good. It is also dishonest to say
that a species is endangered or threatened when it is not and that
erodes the credibility of those who say they are. If you have no
credibility, the public is not going to pay attention to what you have
to say when you talk about a species that truly does need the protection.

Just my two cents.

--
Gary J Sibio
To see my photos: http://garysibio.smugmug.com