[BCNnet] Springbrook Breeding Birds Sprint Saturday - You're Invited

Joe Suchecki issuesman50 at yahoo.com
Tue May 20 07:30:23 CDT 2008

The Forest Preserve District of DuPage County is documenting the nesting  birds at several of its preserves this year including Springbrook Prairie in Naperville.  This is essentially a mini-atlas project.

  I am helping by organizing a Springbrook Breeding Bird Sprint this Saturday, May 24th and a couple other dates in June.  Essentially I would like to get a group of birders together to cover the entire site in spring-count type fashion and to also search and document evidence of breeding.

  If you are interested in helping, we are meeting Saturday morning at the main parking lot for Springbrook on 83rd Street west of Book Road in Naperville at 7:00am.  Meet at the picnic shelter.  From there, we will organize and fan out across the 1800 acre site.  - Information,maps, and instructions will be provided.  We will return to the shelter between 10 and 10:30 to hear results.

  Should be fun.  Let me know if you will attend so that I can plan accordingly.  Information is also available on the DuPage Birding Club website.

  Joe Suchecki
  Naperville
  630-369-5570