[BCNnet] Announcement of ABA Award to Mayor Daley - No Sightings

Birdchris at aol.com Birdchris at aol.com
Wed Apr 16 21:40:08 CDT 2008

The Mayor is not perfect when it comes to wildlife (the cougar shooting
incident fills me with absolute fury), but he is much better than  most municipal
leaders when it comes to establishing a wildlife agenda and  implementing it;
planning and planting for wildlife especially birds;  and making the city a
much safer place for birds with regard to collision  issues.

I will say that getting the award will hopefully be thought of by
conservationists (and the mayor himself) as merely a starting point  for discussions
about the many ways he can improve the situation for birds  in Chicago even more.
In other words, that Mr. Daley doesn't become content  about sitting on his
laurels.

Christine Williamson
Chicago, Cook County
birdchris at aol.com