[BCNnet] proposed development of high quality wetland

COszak at aol.com COszak at aol.com
Thu Oct 25 08:44:12 CDT 2007

Is anyone familiar with this proposed development area?  This is a  large
wetland area.  Even if somehow there's not one single bird worth  protecting, the
wetland is worth protecting to protect water quality downstream  and in
surrounding water tables.

I would appreciate any infomation you can give me.  You are also able  to
send your own comments to the address (or email) listed in the permit
application.

>From the US Army Corp of Engineers permit application:

Proposed Action: Construct a commercial development that will result  in
4.38 acres of federally jurisdictional wetland impact in addition to  4.09
acres of isolated wetland impact (see attached drawings). A  detailed
description of this proposal is provided on page 2 of this  notice.

Location of Proposed Action: Southeast of Cicero Avenue and the  Penn
Central Railroad Central Railroad Line in Matteson, Cook County,  Illinois
(Section 27, T35N, R13E)

This is a direct link to the application which has a map of the area
_http://www.lrc.usace.army.mil/co-r/L6-1346pn.pdf_
(http://www.lrc.usace.army.mil/co-r/L6-1346pn.pdf)

If that link doesn't get you there, use this link and the Wal-Mart Stores
link (the expiration date is really Nov 22, not Oct)
_http://www.lrc.usace.army.mil/co-r/currpn.htm_
(http://www.lrc.usace.army.mil/co-r/currpn.htm)

Thank you,
Chris Oszak