[BCNnet] Wild Things registration open

bobolnk at ix.netcom.com bobolnk at ix.netcom.com
Sat Jan 20 18:08:12 CST 2007

Registration for the second biennial Wild Things Conference is now open!  The conference will be held March 3, at Northeastern Illinois University. Early registration discount runs until February 12.  Along with a range of exciting speakers and exhibitors, we will feature local artists and a book signing.  In amongst the 80+ sessions, there is a full day of outstanding bird sessions, including many of our talented Illinois birders and ornithologists.  ( I listed the bird sessions only below)  760 people attended the last one - you're invited to this one!!

Online registration is available at http://www.habitatproject.org/wildthings/registrationform.asp .   Participants may also register by mail or fax.  Registration materials, exhibitor information, and session titles can be found at http://www.habitatproject.org/wildthings/ .  Session titles and speakers are online now, abstracts will be available shortly.  Remember to register before February 12 for early registration rates.  We anticipate this year’s conference to be as exciting as the last!

Bird Response to Grassland Restoration - Jim Herkert
Backyard Gardening for Birds and Butterflies - Marian Thill
Bird Colonization and Extinction Rates of Wetland Birds in Northeastern Illinois - Mike Ward
Chicago Bird Collision Monitors: Migratory Bird Rescue and Protection - Annette Prince
100 Years of Changing Bird Populations in Illinois - Jeffrey W. Walk
Learning to Bird by Ear: Recognizing and Identifying Birds by their Vocalizations - Geoff Williamson
Raptor Migration Through Northeastern Illinois - Vic Berardi
Resources for Bird Habitat Restoration Advocates - Bob Fisher, Judy Pollock
Birds of Fermilab - Peter Kasper
The Wide, Wide World of the Birds of Illinois: Things we knew and things we didn’t know about avian life in the prairie state - Sheryl De Vore & Steven Bailey
Monitoring Projects and Lessons we have Learned - Bob Fisher, Diane Huebner, Craig Stettner, Paul Bollinger, Doug Taron, Tom Peterson, Susanne Masi, Steve Kroiss, Emily Hudson, and Karen Glennemeier
A Walk Around Nelson Lake - Bob and Kathy Andrini

Judy Pollock
chicagowildthings at yahoo.com