[BCNnet] Suggestions needed for Chicago Audubon Environmental Awards

casresearch at comcast.net casresearch at comcast.net
Wed Jan 10 22:17:54 CST 2007

On Saturday, April 14th, the Chicago Audubon Society will hold it’s Bi-ennial Environmental Awards Banquet, to honor those who have made contributions to conservation and birding in the Chicago-land area.
Although we always have a few thoughts on who might be worthy of receiving an award this time around, often there are a number of suggestions that are sent to us from outside the CAS board, that are very worthwhile, and that either we don't know much about or might have overlooked.
If you have any suggestions for nominees in any of the categories below, please let us know!
-  Excellence in Environmental Reporting
-  Protector of the Environment – Educator
-  Protector of the Environment - Political Service
-  Protector of the Environment – Single Act (Individual)
-  Protector of the Environment – Single Act (Group)
-  Protector of the Environment - Avocation
-  Protector of the Environment - Vocation
-  Service to Chicago Area Birders
We try to ‘spread the honors out’, and not give someone an award more than once, so to see who received awards in the past (since 1977), please check out past award recipients HERE.  (
 http://www.chicagoaudubon.org/pages/2007/vol21_1/environmentalAwardWinners.shtml  ).     A Nomination Form is available on the Chicago Audubon Website ( www.chicagoaudubon.org ).

Suggestions for Nominations are due by February 10th.     You can print the form and mail it to me at 1633 Howard Ave., Des Plaines 60018, or send me the pertinent information via e-mail at casresearch at comcast.net .

For details about the event, please see

http://www.chicagoaudubon.org/pages/2007/vol21_1/environmentalAwards.shtml .
Our speaker that evening will be Doug Stotz of the Field Museum, talking about "Changes in our Avifauna Over Time".

Thanks,
Alan

--
Alan B. Anderson